Lecturer (Veterinary Anaesthesiology)
- (Level B) $100,933 to $119,391 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may apply. An appropriate salary package may be negotiated with the preferred applicant based on their knowledge and experience.
- Flexible employer offering 2 x continuing, full-time positions, with some rostered out of hours and weekend work required.
- We are seeking two skilled veterinary anaesthetists, with a passion for patient care and imparting their knowledge and expertise.
These positions offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of a Go8 University and South Australia’s only veterinary teaching hospital. These roles will not only allow you to put your specialist expertise into practice, but also see you contribute to the education of the next generation of veterinarians and veterinary technologists.
In these positions, you will teach anaesthesiology across small and large animal species to our veterinary and veterinary technology students. Working in a clinical training environment, you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to the future of the veterinary profession by involving students in case management and modelling the highest standards of clinical excellence and professionalism in veterinary care.
Our modern and well-equipped Companion Animal Health Centre (CAHC) and Equine Health and Performance Centre (EHPC) facilities offer a range of services to the general public, ranging from first opinion, emergency and specialist referral veterinary services. You will find a unique team approach to delivering clinical excellence, working alongside a strong clinical support team of nurses and trainee Veterinary Technologists.
The School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences provides world-class, outcome-based education and training of animal and veterinary scientists in a research environment. The School is located on the University of Adelaide’s Roseworthy Campus, 60km north of Adelaide’s CBD, which boasts great lifestyle opportunities including the Barossa Valley, beaches, sporting activities, benchmark schools and shopping facilities.
We are seeking applications from candidates with a demonstrated track record of excellence in patient care and a passion for imparting knowledge, teaching and mentoring the next generation of veterinarians. This opportunity offers diversity in day-to-day work, where, in addition to clinical work, you will actively contribute to course coordination, lectures, tutorials and clinical rotations of our students.
To be successful you will need:
- A qualification in Veterinary Science or equivalent degree that is acceptable for registration in South Australia.
- A Professional College specialist qualification (Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists or a specialist Diploma from a relevant college of the American or European Boards of Veterinary Specialisation) awarded in anaesthesiology or related discipline, or eligibility to sit Board examinations having completed an approved residency.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to teaching, supervising and mentoring veterinary students and veterinary technologists in within a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a service caseload within a private practice or teaching veterinary hospital.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of clinical, teaching and research teams.
Learn more at: sciences.adelaide.edu.au
If you have the talent, we'll give you the opportunity. Together, let's make history.
Click on the link below for a copy of the selection criteria and to apply:
Please ensure you submit a cover letter, resume, and upload a document that includes your responses to all of the selection criteria for the position as contained in the position description or selection criteria document.
Applications close 11:55pm, 12 December 2021.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Professor Wayne Hein
Dean and Head of School, School of Animal and Veterinary Science
P: +61 (8) 831 37987
For a confidential discussion regarding the recruitment process for this position, contact:
Hiring Coordinator, Faculty of Sciences
P: +61 (8) 831 33170
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.