Lecturer, Equine Medicine
Contribute to and participate in the delivery of exceptional education and training to veterinary students at JCU in Equine Medicine
- Be at the forefront of Equine Medicine in the Tropics
- Contribute to the advancement of the discipline of equine medicine
- Great opportunity to live and work in Tropical North Queensland
- $89,859 - $106,029 plus 17% superannuation
We offer an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer, Equine Medicine to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University (JCU). A continuing appointment, this position is based at the Townsville campus in picturesque tropical north Queensland, where you can enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving your career goals.
About the position
Key position to teach and assess final year Bachelor of Veterinary science students and postgraduate students whilst also delivering authentic clinical service in equine medicine to JCU’s contracted teaching practice. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the management and development of the veterinary science teaching programme, especially in equine medicine and related fields.
- Contribute to the teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate veterinary students in Equine medicine
- Provide high quality clinical service in equine medicine
- Develop and provide continuing educational & professional development opportunities for veterinarians and veterinary nurses in equine medicine
As an accomplished professional in your field you will have at least a bachelor’s degree in veterinary science, or equivalent, be eligible for registration in the State Of Queensland, and will have formal training in equine medicine with demonstrable progress to achieving specialist-level credentials.
You will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- A strong interest and aptitude for teaching equine medicine with a demonstrable commitment to teaching excellence
- Willingness to develop and participate in veterinary clinical research projects
Why Vet Sciences at JCU
The School of Veterinary Sciences is committed to the themes of “The Tropics” and “One Health” outcomes through outstanding education, excellent research and effective engagement with key stakeholders. We are immensely proud of our facilities, staff, students, graduates and unique location with modern, well-equipped facilities:
- Teaching and research laboratories for anatomy and biomedical sciences with tissue culture suites
- Histology processing and microscopy
- A radioisotope suite and PC2/PC3
- Clinical pathology and post-mortem suites
- 80 hectares of livestock paddocks
- Large and small animal housing, including aquatic animals
- Emergency Centre & Hospital with operating theatres and radiology facilities
- Fully accredited courses
- Enthusiastic, committed and talented staff
Why is JCU the right career move for you?
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focussing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- attractive options for salary packaging
- well-equipped, modern facilities including on-campus shopping, gym, pool and childcare
- balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests
If you are an established Vet sciences professional looking to make a valuable contribution to the success of JCU, please apply at https://www.jcu.edu.au/careers-at-jcu/vacancies
Vacancy Number: 16254
Applications close: 28 February 2018