Internal Medicine Specialist
North Shore Veterinary Specialist Centre was established in 2001 and is co-located with North Shore Veterinary Hospital. NSVH was started in 1935 and is the oldest veterinary hospital on the North Shore of Sydney. We are a 24/7, 365 day a year facility with specialists in surgery, emergency & critical care, internal medicine, diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, dermatology, a bustling emergency department and a progressive general practice.
In 2019 we moved to a brand-new state-of-the-art facility, offering four custom designed theatres, one of which is dedicated to orthopaedic surgery and another to soft tissue surgery. We can perform fluoroscopic studies either in our theatres or within our radiology suite. We have full in-house laboratory facilities, comprehensive diagnostic imaging including two ultrasound rooms, digital X-ray, a 128 Slice GE CT scanner, and an MRI being installed later this year.
We are seeking expressions of interest from an Internist who is looking for adventure and wants to work with our team. Interest in interventional procedures would be welcomed. The facilities are second to none & service an affluent clientele predominantly on the lower North Shore of Sydney but, also extending to rural areas as well as general practices scattered throughout Sydney that are affiliated with our group. We strive to achieve clinical excellence within a working environment that promotes and encourages collegiality, communication and academic excellence. While this is a permanent opportunity for employment, we are open to conversations about short or long-term contracts.
To be successful in this role, it is important that you are a recognised companion animal Internal Medicine Specialist and have achieved Dipl ACVIM, Dipl ECVIM, or FANZCVS qualification, such that it will be eligible for Specialist Registration with the Australian Veterinary Practitioners Board. We would also welcome enquiries from registrars who have completed their residency training and are in the process of sitting their appropriate Board examinations. You are welcome to email us for more information about this.
Above all else, we value someone who is a team player; committed to providing patient care of the highest standard and keen to be a part of our Specialist Centre.
- You will be rewarded with a generous salary & benefits that is reflective of the experience you bring to the position
- We will support you with visa application, Australian Veterinary Registration and provide you with tailored relocation support to suit your situation
- Continuous clinical training! Our purpose-built training facilities offer free ongoing professional training for our team members
- Access to the VetPartners Leadership Academy! With your career development in mind, VetPartners offers advanced leadership courses to help build on essential management and leadership skills
- Flexible paid parental leave program to both eligible primary and secondary carers
- Generous study leave and continuing education allowance
- Excellent work life balance
- Work with a team of like-minded and passionate people
To apply or for more information, contact Melissa Bicanic on 0431 186 825 or firstname.lastname@example.org