Internal Medicine Resident at the Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH)
Are you looking to take the continue your journey to become a specialist in Internal Medicine? Our fantastic Internal Medicine team are looking for an Internal Medicine Resident to join the team in North Ryde. This specialist program progressing your career and ensuring you will be in the best position to become a registered specialist.
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH) is the largest Veterinary hospital in the Southern Hemisphere. With two Hospitals, one located in North Ryde and the other on the Central Coast, SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of care service to our patients and their families. We provide a complete range of clinical services to our patients with over 15 departments working collaboratively together around the country. Some of our services include internal medicine, neurology, surgery, oncology, cardiology, ophthalmology, dermatology, radiology, anaesthesia, 24-hour emergency and critical care and rehabilitation.
The Internal Medicine Position:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vet with a keen interest in Small Animal Internal Medicine who is ready to commit to our Residency training program. The successful applicant will be required to assist our Internal Medicine team with case management, ensuring our patients get the best veterinary care possible. This position is a structured learning opportunity and will allow access to a varied case load with the support of highly qualified professionals.
This 3 year, full-time position will involve being mentored by our large, dedicated team of medical specialists. You will contribute to publications of the service and conduct a brief clinical research project for publication.
We are looking for a someone who can work independently with a reliable, adaptable and proactive approach to situations. To be successfully selected, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise with different levels within a practice
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Have a flexible approach to issues
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
- Strong service orientation with a hands-on approach to all aspect of the case cycle
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW (VPB) or an equivalent degree registerable with the VPB.
- Successfully completed an internship in Internal Medicine
- Be enrolled or have passed in MANZCVS (or equivalent) in internal medicine
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining a team who is committed to supporting you every step of the way on your journey to specialisation!
- Supportive team of SASH specialists, residents, nurses and support team
- Continuing Education allowance
- Up to a 70% SASH team member discount for your pets (terms outlined in our SASH policy)
- Study Leave Conference Leave annually to support your ongoing development
- Invitations to regular inhouse CE events
- Opportunity to attend inhouse training run by the SASH team
- Working collaboratively on cases with our speciality departments while work closely with our experienced team veterinary Specialists
If you are interested in the prospect of working with a great team with plenty of support at all times from other vets and nurses in a hospital with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss this opportunity, apply today!
The next step is to forward your resume quoting Reference No: IMR/ANZCVS to email: email@example.com