Internal Medicine Internship - North Ryde and Tuggerah - at The Small Animal Specialist Hospital
Are you looking to take the first step towards a specialist career in Veterinary Medicine? Our fantastic Internal Medicine team are looking for two Internal Medicine Interns to join the team. This Specialist intern program will kick start your career and ensure you are in the best position possible for a residency program!
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH) is Australia’s leading specialist and referral hospital located in Sydney. SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of care service to our patients and their families. SASH is equipped to provide our patients with a complete diagnostic service for conclusive results through the following departments: internal medicine, neurology, surgery, oncology, cardiology, rehabilitation, ophthalmology, dermatology, exotics, radiology, anaesthesia, critical care, rehabilitation and 24-hour emergency services.
For more information on SASH and the services we provide, please visit our website: www.sashvets.com
We have an exciting opportunity for a Small Animal Internal Medicine Internship. The successful applicants will be required to assist the medicine specialists to ensure that patients and clients get the best veterinary care possible. This position is also a structured learning opportunity and will allow access to a varied case load with the support of highly qualified professionals.
This 12 month, full-time position will involve being mentored by a large team of medical specialists. You will contribute to publications of the service and conduct a brief clinical research project for publication. We are proud to say our Internal Medicine Interns go on to be offered specialist training opportunities including residencies at SASH or positions at internationally acclaimed universities.
We are looking for 2 passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic vets with a thirst to learn and expand their Internal Medicine knowledge in a multi-specialty hospital. To be considered for a position, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Have a flexible approach to issues
- Self-motivated and committed to ongoing professional development
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
- Strong care and service orientation with a hands on approach
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualified Veterinarian with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW
- Be enrolled or have passed in MANZCVS (or equivalent) in internal medicine
What we can offer you:
- Supportive team and exceptional training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education allowance
- Team member discounts and social events
- Study group and support for MANZCVS examinations
If you are interested in the prospect of working with a great team with plenty of support at all times from other vets and nurses in a hospital with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss this opportunity, apply today!
This role is available to commence from October 2020 at Tuggerah and January 2021 at North Ryde.
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter: Attention Jessica O’Connor quoting Reference No: MINT/ANCVS to email: email@example.com