Internal Medicine Internship - Central Coast
Are you looking to take the first step towards a specialist career in Veterinary Medicine? Our fantastic Internal Medicine team are looking for their next Internal Medicine Intern. This Specialist intern program will kick start your career and ensure you are in the best position possible for a residency program!
The SASH has two hospitals in NSW with a third hospital having recently opened in Adelaide last November. With the largest veterinary referral hospital in the southern hemisphere in our network, our team work collaboratively across multiple locations to ensure the highest level care is provided to our patients and their families. We strive for Gold standard of care and accept nothing less! Our mission is to help pets and their families live their best lives possible!
For more information on SASH and the services we provide, please visit our website: www.sashvets.com
Internal Medicine Internship:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Small Animal Internal Medicine Internship. The successful applicant will be assisting our Internal Medicine Specialists to ensure that patients and clients get the best veterinary care possible. This position is also a structured learning opportunity and will allow access to a varied case load with the support of highly qualified professionals.
This 12 month, full-time position based in our central coast hospital located in Tuggerah. You will be mentored by a friendly and engaging team of medical specialists. You will contribute to publications of the service and conduct a brief clinical research project for publication. We are proud to say our Internal Medicine Interns go on to be offered specialist training opportunities including residencies at SASH or positions at internationally acclaimed universities.
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic vet with a thirst to learn and expand their Internal Medicine knowledge in a multi-specialty hospital. To be considered for a position, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Value a hospital culture of inclusivity, empathy and teamwork.
- Tertiary qualified Veterinarian with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW OR degree that is registerable with VPB NSW.
- Be enrolled or have passed in MANZCVS (or equivalent) in internal medicine would be highly desirable. We will also consider candidates who are eligible to, but have not yet enrolled in members.
What’s in it for you?
- Newly revised salary package on offer, well above the award!
- Study group and support for MANZCVS examinations
- Continuing education allowance
- Regular intern group tutorials, talks and rounds sessions to further case understanding
- A positive and supportive workplace culture
- Supportive team and exceptional training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team member discounts and social events
If you are interested in the prospect of working with a great team with plenty of support at all times from other vets and nurses in a hospital with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss this opportunity, apply today!
This role has an expected start date of June 2022 so don’t delay your application. For more information OR to apply for the role with your CV and cover letter, please contact Jessica O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org