Full or Part Time Emergency & Critical Care Specialists
Sydney Veterinary Emergency & Specialists
Sydney Veterinary Emergency & Specialists is a 1000m2 purpose-built facility located in the inner city of Sydney. We strive to provide exceptional medical care for our patients, handle clients with care and professionalism, and maintain a positive and progressive workplace culture.
The team has full time surgical, canine, feline and internal medicine specialists and a full-time specialist imaging service. This is in addition to our dermatology and cardiology specialist and dentistry service.
What makes SVES unique to clients and staff, is not just toys and gadgets required for this level of care, it is our truly cooperative and supportive team approach to the workup and management of cases. We enjoy a motivated client base that appreciate the high standard of care we give their pets. The feedback we get from our clients is outstanding. Specialists who can contribute positively to reinforce our collegiate approach and maintain our excellent reputation with clients would be ideal for this position. We care about our patients, we care about our clients, we care about our staff.
We continue to grow and are looking for multiple Emergency & Critical Care Specialists to complement our current team.
- in addition to your exceptional care of patients you must have a commitment to the care and respect of their owners
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with clients, staff and referring vets.
- attained Fellowship ANZCVS, Diplomate ACVECC or Diplomate ECVECC status, and are registered as, or eligible for, specialist registration in NSW. We will consider exceptional candidates who have completed a suitable ECC residency and are eligible to sit examinations in 2020 or 2021.
- a strong work ethic and an ability to work independently.
About the job:
- lead and build a critical care service that complements and works cooperatively with the existing emergency, medicine and surgery services.
- provide mentorship and training to our team of emergency clinicians, interns and nurses
- conduct ECC consultations with clients offering world class advice and recommendations.
- provide clients and referring veterinarians with detailed and timely feedback.
- maintain accurate clinical records.
- active participation in the development of protocols, procedures, training, management and culture of the medicine service, and hospital as a whole.
- Full time or part time positions are available
- We like shiny gadgets and keeping our diagnostic and treatment arsenal up to date. We have the usual toys including Phillips Affinity and CX-50 ultrasounds, 16 slice GE Lightspeed CT scanner, Phillips Libre Fluoroscopy, Olympus Scope tower with various rigid and flexible scopes, ventilators, multiparameter monitors, etc.
- We are professional – we hold ourselves to high standards and you should too.
- We embrace and actively pursue ways to make positive changes to every aspect of what we do.
- We believe in a work/life balance; and are flexible with hours and days. We are committed to ensuring that staff have time off to live their lives outside work.
We are committed to getting the right person for the job in terms of skills, cultural fit and shared vision. We are negotiable on a start date. Salary and employment terms are generous and commensurate with experience.
Please direct your CV and to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.