Are you a qualified veterinarian looking to work in a fast-paced clinic where you can develop your skills on a varied case load? Do you have the desire to deliver high quality veterinary care and the ability to work with a degree of autonomy while still being supported by a team?
Bundoora Veterinary Group is seeking an experienced Veterinarian to join our team of 25+ veterinarians plus approximately 40 support staff. We operate 3 general practice clinics within the Bundoora area, as well as the Northern Suburbs Animal Emergency Centre which operates 24/7 and provides after hours services to our general practice clients and those of other veterinary practices in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne.
Our vets are supported by highly qualified and knowledgeable veterinary nurses who work closely with the vets to deliver high quality veterinary care. We have a well-equipped hospital offering our patients: digital radiography, ultrasonography, endoscopy, dental radiography, advanced anaesthetic equipment including capnography, chemotherapy, blood pressure monitoring, rigid and flexible endoscopy, an extensive in-house laboratory, and assisted ventilation when required.
Although we are seeking a full-time veterinarian, we will consider this role as part-time. Rostered hours will vary across the fortnight and will include overnight shifts and weekend shifts every second weekend.
The qualities and skills we are ideally looking for in our preferred candidate are:
- preferably 3+ years of experience as a veterinarian
- must be eligible for veterinary registration in Victoria
- have excellent, confident communication and customer service skills
- the ability to work unsupervised but remain part of a team
- be compassionate and resilient in times of stress
- be available to work overnight, weekends and public holidays on a regular basis
If you have these skills or a solid grounding in general practice veterinary practice with a high level of flexibility, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to learn new skills, this may be the job for you.
We will provide:
- a relaxed, but passionate work environment
- exposure to a wide range of interesting & complex cases
- a supportive environment for you to widen your knowledge and improve your skills
- opportunities for on-the-job training and access to study leave
If you would like to meet us, and find out more about this position please forward your application including a cover letter and resume to our Practice Manager, Libby Perkins at email@example.com