Equine Veterinarian - Reproduction Focus
Locum position from August - December 2019 with possible extension
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified veterinarians to provide veterinary services with a focus on reproduction during the 2019 breeding season. Responsibilities will include:
- artificial insemination with cooled and frozen semen
- stallion collection
- routine mare care and reproductive emergencies
- embryo transfer
You will be supported by a team of skilled and dedicated nurses, technical staff and interns providing around the clock care.
Some out of hours work including weeknights and weekends will be required, as is the flexibility and willingness to support other areas of the practice, including primary opinion, subject to caseload requirements and workload. Out of hours work attracts additional remuneration.
The position would suit a general practitioner with significant experience in equine reproduction or a specialist with qualifications in reproduction / theriogenology.
The Veterinary Health Centre (VHC) is the University of Adelaide’s clinical teaching facility which operates on a commercial basis, offering a range of first opinion and specialist veterinary services across all animal species to the general public.
To be successful you will need:
- Veterinary qualification suitable for registration in Australia
- Experience in the delivery of equine clinical reproduction services
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- A specialist qualification in veterinary reproduction / theriogenology
- Experience in primary opinion equine veterinary services
Visa support will be provided along with return flights, single accommodation on campus, and car hire for the period of employment.
Further information about this role or to apply:
Please click here for further information about this role, for a copy of the Selection Criteria and to apply for this position.
Closing date: 24 Jul 2019 (11:55 PM ACST)