We have an opportunity for Emergency Veterinarians to work across one or two of our Emergency & Specialist Hospitals in South Australia!
Join a team of fun professional ER veterinarians, nurses, and client relations. Work alongside specialists’ residents and a great business manager. You will need a passion for emergency cases and deliver excellent patient care. This position will suit experienced ER vets or general veterinary practitioners with an interest in emergency medicine.
This exciting opportunity to work in ER 24/7 offers a varied caseload shared amongst a committed team of emergency veterinarians & nurses. Access to specialists and referral Veterinarians in the fields of Medicine, Surgery, Radiology, Cardiology and Dentistry will enhance your work experience.
Adelaide Animal Emergency Referral Centre (AAERC) was the first animal emergency centre in Adelaide, and we’ve been in operation since 1987. Since 2010, our specialist and referral veterinarians have been accepting complicated or difficult cases for workup and treatment. Today it is a part of the largest emergency and specialist group in Australia, hosting the largest contingent of Emergency Veterinarians and Criticalists in the Country, as well as 1 of only 4 Dentistry Specialists in Australia.
The Adelaide Veterinary Specialist and Referral Centre (AVSARC) is a purpose-built multidisciplinary hospital. Our team provide referral services in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging along with 24/7 emergency and critical care. Our collaborative approach allows for the highest quality of patient care as well as continuous learning.
About Your Skills & Experience
- Registration or eligibility for veterinary registration in South Australia.
- An interest or experience in emergency medicine.
- A flexible and adaptable approach, with a commitment to gold standards of care.
- Interest in, and commitment to, working in a team environment.
Our Offer to You
- A permanent part-time, full-time or casual role – let us know how you like to work – You can even look at a combined GP / Emergency position.
- Strong Internal Continuing Education Program.
- Career development and National Mentoring program: Let us know your area of interest and we can provide extra training and education through our Specialist network.
- National Membership Study groups.
- Annual Greencross Veterinary Symposium Conference.
- Consultation Coaching provided by On Switch. We provide ongoing training sessions in the art of customer service and client communication.
- Staff discounts including at Petbarn and Greencross clinics.
- Relocation and Sponsorship for you and your family available – Pathway to Permanent Residency.
- Ability to travel and locum for any ARH and Greencross Clinic if working holidays interest you.
- We support many Charity Volunteer Animal and Rescue groups.
- Paid Parental Leave, flexible working arrangements and back-to-work programs.
Adelaide is an amazingly vibrant city with all the benefits of a capital city but with the feel of a country town. We have great schools, a strong artistic and cultural community, with the Adelaide Fringe Festival, the second largest in the world behind the Edinburgh Fringe. You will find a great sporting culture, and the beach and Adelaide Hills both only a short drive from the city centre. Not to mention the food and wine regions of the Barossa Valley and McClaren Vale on our doorstep. This is a great place for families and those seeking a lifestyle and work-life balance most only dream about.
It is expected that all Emergency Vets are available on weekends and public holidays and we rotate these shifts to optimise fairness amongst the team wherever possible. Locum arrangements can also be discussed.
Apply Now via the link below: