- Sydney Veterinary Emergency & Specialists are looking for a part-time or full-time Emergency Vet to join our team! Generous salary of up to $200,000 depending on experience!
Sydney Veterinary Emergency & Specialists is a 1000m2 purpose-built facility which in conjunction with our exceptional staff allows us to provide excellent care to patients. The emergency service is a 24 hour a day service with a team of experienced and supportive Vets. The referral team comprises of surgical, medicine and imaging specialists, in addition to our dermatology specialist and dental service.
We are looking for a caring and professional vet with a positive outlook and approach to join the team on a part-time or full-time basis. The successful candidate must have a strong interest in emergency medicine.
- Has excellent communication skills... both written and oral and must be fluent in English;
- Loves animals AND their owners.... you must be able to treat both with care and respect;
- We are looking for someone with a sound knowledge base that we can build upon or with a good strong medical basis behind them.
- “Organised” must be your middle name, we work in an environment where you need to have strong prioritisation and multi-tasking skills.
- You value collegiality and a positive working relationship with all staff and demonstrate that in your interactions with your co-workers.
About the job:
- This is a supported role involving consultation and workup of referred and first opinion cases. Depending on the shift the focus may be consulting, procedures or inpatient management.
- We have surgical specialist backup, and there is always someone to call or provide advice.
- You will need to be involved in keeping clients informed and happy – guiding them and communicating in an effective and concise manner is integral.
- Hours can involve weekdays, nights and weekends. We aim to structure a roster that is reasonable and regular so you can plan your life ahead and still enjoy and be awake for your times off.
- We are offering a competitive salary of $160,000-200,000 per annum for a full-time position.
- We like shiny gadgets – and are lucky to have a lot of them; so in addition to the usual AGFA digital radiography and Phillips Affinity and CX-50 ultrasounds, you'll also have access to 16 Slice GE Lightspeed CT, Olympus and Pentax endoscopy, IDEXX internal lab, fluid/syringe pumps, and more ventilators and multi-parameter monitors than you can shake a critical case at. We have ready access to MRI.
- We love clients as much as we love their pets – you'll need a big heart to work here
- We are professional – we hold ourselves to high standards and you should too.
- We are a team of vets, nurses and support staff that are active in sharing knowledge and have a strong focus on continuous improvement in knowledge, skills and practices. A good workplace culture with likeminded individuals is important to us.
- We believe in a work/life balance; we like our staff to work hard, then have time off to live their lives outside work.
To apply or for more information, contact Elizabeth Bush on 0434 659 112 or email@example.com