Emergency, Critical Care Veterinarian Team Leader
Another day in Paradise
Is Emergency work your passion? Are you interested in a relaxed tropical lifestyle to make the most of your days off? Do you have leadership experience or a desire to lead a team of wonderful individuals?
JCU Vet is a wholly owned entity of James Cook University and is purpose-built, operating General Practice, Emergency and the only Referral services in North Queensland.
We are a teaching hospital providing a comprehensive referral service, receiving patients from local and distant general practices. Referral services in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Dermatology, Cardiology, Anaesthesia and Advanced Diagnostic Imaging are offered. JCU Vet has some of the most advanced diagnostic, medical treatment and surgery options in North Queensland.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Emergency and Critica lCare Veterinarian to join us as ECC Team Leader. You will have the passion and commitment to offer exemplary consultancy and clinical work, the ability to lead a team and have a love of teaching.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working as a Veterinarian, including time spent working in emergency medicine;
- Demonstrated commitment to gold standard patient care
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently and independently
- Flexible, adaptable and positive approach to work
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills including record keeping
- Encourage and participate in a healthy teaching and learning environment for staff and students
Our staff enjoy:
- Excellent opportunities for continued learning and development in a variety of areas,including weekly CPD with the highly esteemed Dr Philip Judge
- Support for professional progression including paid memberships
Townsville offers a great environment and access to all the wonders of the tropical paradise that is North Queensland. We are home to one of the world’s best wreck dive sites, S.S. Yongala,and the Great Barrier Reef. Townsville embodies a laid back, tropical lifestyle for families of all ages.
A salary which recognises experience will be negotiated with the successful candidates.
For a confidential discussion or to submit applications including a cover letter and resume detailing your fit for this role, please contact Kate McLeod, Hospital Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 47813600.