Emergency & Critical Care Veterinarian
- Permanent full of part-time
- Remuneration ranging between $130-$170k (plus super & benefits)
- Well-equipped hospital with modern facilities
- Industry-leading team based in the vibrant heart of Melbourne
The Centre for Animal Referral and Emergency (CARE) is looking for a career-oriented veterinarian who would like join with us, and the existing team, to maintain and evolve an enjoyable, rewarding, and sustainable working environment within the Emergency & Critical Care department.
CARE is a busy, privately-owned, multi-specialist veterinary hospital located in Collingwood, on the fringe of the Melbourne CBD. It evolved from an ardent intention to provide the highest standards of patient care in a cooperative and cohesive, team-oriented environment that respects, supports and encourages the personal balance and professional development of its staff. This focus has fostered the development of excellent relationships within our staff, and with our referring veterinarians and clients. The hospital is staffed by an outstanding team of emergency veterinarians and nurses, working alongside specialists in internal medicine, emergency and critical care, and surgery.
The centre is very well equipped with imaging (Siemens 16-slice CT, digital radiography, digital subtraction fluoroscopy, Phillips affinity and POC ultrasound machines, regular off-site access to 3T MRI imaging), critical care (6 new Menios oxygen cages, new Getinge Servo-u ventilator and newly created critical care suite), laboratory (Radiometer blood-gas machine, IDEXX Procyte haematology, Catalyst biochemistry and coagulation machines) and other equipment such as Olympus endoscopy and advanced anaesthetic monitoring.
The Emergency & Critical Care department at CARE enjoys a consistently busy caseload that encompasses an interesting and broad range of presentations. In this position you will have primary responsibility for the care and treatment of referred and primary accession cases presented to the Emergency & Critical Care department. The role also provides assistance in the care of hospitalised patients in the primary care of our specialist departments. It involves shifts that are focused on either hospitalised patients or consulting, so incorporates a spectrum of emergency and more specifically intensive care medicine. The management of ICU cases frequently benefits from the contributions of multiple specialist disciplines, as well as the support and guidance of a board-certified emergency and critical care specialist. This collaboration provides an excellent opportunity for learning and case follow-up. Beyond this, continuing education is encouraged through regular tutorials and daily rounds that are provided for the benefit of all staff, including the dedicated team of Emergency & Critical Care interns.
The role can be part-time or full-time, with the emphasis being on finding the right person rather than the specific terms. It is important that the successful applicant embraces our core values, integrates well, and values the pursuit of excellence in client and patient care. They will be experienced, motivated, conscientious, and effective in their written and verbal communication with clients, referring veterinarians and other hospital staff.
Work at CARE
The successful applicant will enjoy:
- A generous remuneration package including a base salary ranging between $130,000 and $170,000 (commensurate with experience), plus superannuation, CPD allowance, and paid leave entitlements (conference, holiday, and personal leave).
- Involvement in, and active contribution to, a cooperative team of like-minded professionals operating within a patient, client, referring veterinarian and self-focused family-owned and operated hospital.
- Great staff amenities including complimentary snacks, beverages, espresso coffee from some of the best roasters in Melbourne, and fresh fruit.
- Opportunities for continuing professional development.
- A workplace community that promotes employee wellbeing, satisfaction, and retention.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), providing free and confidential counselling on issues of work, money, family, health, and everything in-between.
- The potential for relocation assistance and visa sponsorship if appropriate
- The excitement and challenges that come with our interesting and varied hospital caseload.
- Generous discounts on hospital products and services.
- An easy commute to work, thanks to our proximity to multimodal public transport and major arterial freeways. Secure off-street staff car parking is available.
- A centrally located workplace in one of Melbourne's most exciting lifestyle precincts.
How to apply:
Applications and enquiries should be addressed to Dr Sophie Haynes, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a cover letter and current CV (including contact details for three referees).
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or age.