Emergency & Critical Care Veterinarian (full-time or part-time oportunity)
Work type: Full-time/Part-time
Location: The Animal Referral Hospital Homebush
- Can you hit the ground running?
- Are you looking for change?
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a well-established group of specialist veterinary hospitals. We offer a wide range of specialist services and provide 24-hour emergency and critical care through our facilities in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and SA. ARH aims to provide a responsive, comprehensive emergency and referral service to veterinarians, their clients and their patients. We maintain high professional and clinical standards, delivered with genuine care and compassion.
About the role:
We are currently searching for permanent emergency veterinarians to join our emergency and critical care (ECC) team in Sydney on a full-time or part-time basis. The ideal candidate will be energetic, positive and someone who thrives in a busy, multi-disciplinary hospital environment. There will be a requirement for some evening and overnight work along with every other weekend on a rotating roster as part of the team.
- Veterinary degree available for registration in NSW.
- Completed emergency internship or a minimum of 2 years’ GP experience.
- Willingness to work hard, lead by example and be part of our team.
- Ability to remain calm and show compassion in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, pet owners and referring veterinarians.
- Experience in an emergency hospital environment.
- A genuine enjoyment of helping people and their pets when they need us most.
What we can offer:
- State of the art facilities.
- Experienced and supportive team.
- Free on-site parking available and close to public transport.
- A highly competitive salary.
- Every second weekend off.
- 4 weeks annual leave.
- Paid parental leave.
- Comprehensive CPD on offer including, “RECOVER” certification.
- VIN membership and unlimited journal access.
- Regular tutorials, case discussion, in-house seminars and training.
- Working closely with emergency critical care specialists, Dr Louis Eramanis & Dr Patricia Rosenstein and interaction with specialists in all departments.
We have a stable group of excellent veterinarians and nurses, many of whom have been with us long-term, and we are focused on providing career pathways and professional development for all our team members.
If this sounds like your next role, please send your cover letter and CV outlining your suitability to our recruitment team, see details below.
Emergency and Critical Care Service
The Animal Referral Hospital
250 Parramatta Rd
Homebush NSW 2140
For any additional information, questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact either of our emergency critical care specialists, Dr Louis Eramanis (L.Eramanis@arhvets.com) Dr Patricia Rosenstein (P.Rosenstein@arhvets.com) or our clinical director, Scott Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org).