Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
The Animal Referral Hospital - Homebush, NSW Australia
Job Ref: HB1902
The Animal Referral Hospital is pleased to offer a new opportunity for an ECC specialist to join our existing ECC specialists at our Homebush facility. As our service continues to grow, including development of a new ICU facility, a growing caseload, and a separate intensive care service during the day to support our 24/7 emergency veterinarians, additional expertise is required for both clinical case management and mentoring of our emergency team, interns, and nursing staff.
The Animal Referral Hospital is the largest specialist and emergency group in Australia, with over 500 employees across 7 locations. Our Homebush facility was established 19 years ago and provides referral services in the fields of small animal surgery, internal medicine, intensive care, medical oncology, radiation oncology, ophthalmology, diagnostic imaging, dentistry and exotics. We have a great team of long-term employed support staff who are engaged and committed to providing the highest quality patient care. On-site facilities include MRI, CT, ultrasonography, endoscopy, Idexx laboratory equipment, numerous ventilators and blood gas analyzers, lecture theatre, meeting facilities, dedicated quiet office for our specialists, staff room and a 24-hour Nursing, Reception and Animal Attendant team.
- DACVECC or FANZCVS - eligible for specialist registration in NSW
- OR: board-eligible residency trained in emergency and critical care
- Willingness to work hard, lead, teach and be part of our team
Desirable attributes for this position
- Willingness to help grow and develop the ECC service
- Willingness to travel to our other locations from time to time
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, pet owners and referring veterinarians
- A genuine enjoyment of helping people and their pets when they need us most
This position is set to commence as soon as possible. Competitive salary package on offer plus visa and relocation assistance if required.
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please contact Kathy Ikonomidis – Group HR Manager for a confidential discussion on the details below.