Emergency and Critical Care Internship – Western Sydney
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH), was established in North Ryde, Sydney in 2007. We have since opened hospitals on the Central Coast, in Adelaide with our 4th hospital opening this August in Western Sydney. Our team is privileged to care for over 40,000 pets and their families each year through our multi-disciplinary facilities. SASH’s core purpose is to help pets and their families live their best lives! For more information on SASH or SASH Western Sydney, please click the links below:
The Critical Care Internship:
We are excited to announce we are on the hunt for a Critical Care Intern who will assist our Criticalist and team of Emergency vets to ensure that patients and clients receive gold standard care. This position is a structured learning opportunity and will allow access to a varied case load with the support of highly qualified professionals. This 12 month, full-time position is based at our brand new Western Sydney referral hospital in Prospect. You will be mentored by a friendly and engaging team with a wealth of knowledge for you to draw upon. You will contribute to publications of the service and conduct a brief clinical research project for publication. We are proud to say many of our specialty Interns go on to be offered specialist training opportunities including residencies not only at SASH, but with internationally acclaimed universities around the world!
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic vet with a thirst to learn and expand their Critical Care knowledge in a multi-disciplinary hospital. To be considered for the position, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Value a hospital culture of inclusivity, empathy and teamwork.
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW OR degree that is registerable with VPB NSW.
- Memberships in Emergency and Critical Care (MANZCVS, or equivalent) is not essential but highly desirable.
- Newly revised salary package on offer, well above the award!
- Regular intern group tutorials, talks and rounds sessions to further case understanding
- Continuing education allowance
- A positive and supportive workplace culture with a focus on wellness
- Supportive team and exceptional training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team member discounts and social events
If you are looking for a great team with plenty of support from other vets and nurses in a hospital with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss this opportunity, apply today!
This role has an expected start date of September 2022 so don’t delay your application. For more information OR to apply for the role with your CV, please contact Jessica O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61421 820 730 for a confidential discussion.