Emergency and Critical Care - Full Time Head Vet
Manukau After Hours Veterinary Clinic, Auckland, New Zealand
Manukau After Hours Veterinary Clinic is looking for anexperienced veterinarian, with a passion for emergency medicine and surgery, to fill our newly established position of Lead Emergency and Critical Care Vet. We offer a supportive working environment with emphasis on teamwork. Our purpose is to deliver the highest quality outcome for our patients and clients during emergency and throughout the hospitalisation periods. Our clinic provides night time, weekend and Public Holiday cover when general practices are closed.
We are a purpose built facility which offers; In-house diagnostics (Chemistry and Haematology) ; digital radiology, multi-parameter patient monitors, Ultrasound, ECG, Blood Typing, Blood Products and Donors, spacious operating theatre, isolation ward and separate cat and dog wards.
- To lead and support the current contract veterinarians on our team
- Be responsible for ensuring consistency of clinical services among contractor vets
- In conjunction with the manager be responsible for stability of veterinary roster
- Provide clinical leadership with contract vets
- Being involved in clinical systems development and management
Skills and Experience:
- Able to work in New Zealand
- Ideally 5 + years of experience as a Veterinarian
- A passion for Emergency medicine and critical care
- An appropriate recognised Emergency Medicine qualification or working towards the same
- The ability to deliver the highest standard of emergency and critical care to our patients
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- The Ability to become a part of our team and work towards common goals.
- Motivation, adaptability and positivity are a must
What we can offer:
- Generous remuneration (NZD$180k-$220k), commensurate with experience
- 6 weeks Paid Holiday Leave
- Continuing education allowance of up to $5,000 and 1-week study leave
- VIN, Vet Education & NZVA membership
- A well trained, confident team of qualified nurses who strive for the best standards
- A friendly, warm, welcoming team
What other city has 50 islands AND 48 volcanos? From the rugged west coast to the white sandy beaches of the east coast, and all the natural beauty of the Waitakeres - Auckland really does have it all.
If this role sounds like you and you would like to become part of our dedicated and caring emergency after hours team, we would love to hear from you.
Please forward a cover letter and CV to: