Dedicated, caring Veterinarian wanted
Join Southern Tablelands Veterinary Hospital - a purpose-built 5-year-old small animal hospital with great staff, older mentors and visiting specialists: ophthalmology (COVID permitting) and feline medicine/ultrasound.
Southern Tablelands Veterinary Hospital is a growing, established Veterinary practice located in Goulburn NSW, conveniently located less than an hour from Canberra, 2 hours from Sydney and the South Coast and 3 1/2 hours from the Snowy Mountains.
See our Instagram or Website:
About the principal
Dr Amanda Craig
Completed a medical residency/masters at the University of Sydney and membership in small animal medicine. Career highlights - working at the Royal Vet College London and ENVT Toulouse France managing clinical research in the hospital caseload and field project concerning assessment of renal function. Later at SASH emergency/ICU. Founding co-owner of Inner South Veterinary Centre, Canberra.
About the team
- 2 senior vets
- 1 mid-career vet
- 1 new graduate from last year's graduating class Syd Uni
- 8 nurses/receptionists
Interests of the practice
Dermatology, canine and feline medicine, in house oncology, ultrasound and general soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery. Medical specialist visits once a week and readily available for free online consultation or second opinions.
Attractive 40hr week
Hours 8am-6pm weekdays, 8am-12noon. One weekend in 4 would become 1 in 5. Low stress: ability to refer, when needed, including advanced imaging and for ICU/after hours to Canberra 45 mins away.
- $80,000 for a new graduate and negotiable for an experienced veterinarian up to $140 000 for the right candidate with good general practice orthopaedic skills and surgery membership.
- Relocation supplement equivalent $6000
- Local Conference supplement after 12 months service equivalent $1000
- $2000 towards international conference after 2 years of service or towards CPD
- Partnership prospects with time to the right candidate
Regional country lifestyle
- You can afford to rent or buy a house!
- You can afford to keep your horse, plus there is a local eventing, polo, rodeo and trail riding scene
- There are 15 country pubs in the districts and surrounds, a multiplex cinema, good cafes and restaurants or nip up to Canberra or to the highlands for even more wine and food experiences.
- Music festivals locally Bluesfest; in Canberra: Grooving the Move and Spilt Milk and the Highlands: Day on the Green.
- Motor sports at Wakefield Park 20mins from town
- Bushwalking in Bungonia Gorge 30mins away
- Skiing in Thredbo/Perisher 3.5hrs drive
- Beautiful beaches South Coast 2hrs away
- Weekend trips to explore the country towns Taralga, Braidwood, Bungendore or Bowral
- 45mins to Canberra airport to escape on holiday or 1h 40 min to Sydney international airport at Badgerys Creek (once completed)
For more information about the position or about Goulburn, please call Dr Amanda Craig on (02) 4821 1966 or email email@example.com