Daytime Emergency Veterinarian
Are you a dedicated veterinarian with a passion for emergency medicine looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic team of specialists? Do you enjoy working a four-day week with no nighttime hours? Then look no further, we have the role for you!
- Veterinary Specialist Services is an established Small Animal referral practice.
- We work and collaborate with our colleagues in internal medicine, cardiology, ophthalmology, surgery, oncology, critical care, dentistry, nursing and support services.
- We create environments where people can do their best work.
- We employ a team of fun and focussed individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- We are involved in the industry with wide participation in professional groups, universities, continuing education courses.
- We have team members who are internationally recognised for their skills and experience.
- We facilitate our own Annual Conference.
Due to an internal promotion, we thrilled to announce we have a vacancy for an Emergency Veterinarian to join our experienced team, in either a full-time or part-time capacity. This role offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you can expand your skills and knowledge. Working with a team of specialists across multiple disciplines you will have the opportunity to handle complex & interesting cases. You will be integral to helping us achieve our vision of delivering the best possible care to our patients, their owners and referring veterinarians.
About our new Emergency Veterinarian:
- You hold a BVSc or equivalent, and registration to practice in Australia.
- You have a minimum 2 - 3 years’ experience in emergency medicine and a passion to advance your career.
- You can multitask and handle a diverse range of cases.
- You are skilled at problem solving and decision making at both the clinical and individual level, at times under pressure.
- You have exceptional communication skills and a collaborative spirit.
- You are skilled in problem solving and decision making.
- You are dedicated to ongoing professional development and staying at the forefront of medical advancements.
What we offer our team:
- Competitive compensation that recognizes your expertise.
- 4-day work week – no overnight shifts.
- Access to a network of supportive and experienced specialists.
- Access to internal and external professional development, including admission to our prestigious annual veterinary conference & a continuing education allowance.
- Varied case load that challenges and hones your skills.
- A supportive and inclusive work environment with a diverse team.
- Relocation allowance available to interstate or international applicants.
Our hospital is in the picturesque Gold Coast, offering a perfect blend of beautiful beaches and natural landscapes. You can experience many recreational pursuits, cultural activities, and a warm climate all year round.
How to Apply:
If you want to embark on a fulfilling journey, providing high quality medical care to our furry companions, please send your CV and cover letter to our wonderful HR team at HR@vss.net.au
If this role is not for you, please review our other vacancies at https://www.vss.net.au/