Clinical Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology
- Opportunity to provide a client-focused specialist level Small Animal Cardiology Service
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Full-time 38 hours, fixed term for 12 months, remuneration package: $150K p.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
Reference no. 1873/0917
About the opportunity
The Clinical Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology position provides a high quality small animal cardiology service to clients, with another specialist cardiologist, within the University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals (UVTHS) small animal medicine unit. The small animal cardiology team contributes to the development, teaching and assessment of the small animal medicine curriculum of the School of Veterinary Science. This is a new position building on a busy cardiology service with planned further caseload growth.
In this position, you will:
- provide an excellent small animal cardiology service in UVTHS
- manage/supervise and mentor junior veterinary staff
- assist with the development and maintenance of a financially viable service
- participate in curriculum delivery, development and teaching administration.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Clinical Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology who possesses:
- Diplomate ECVIM, Diplomate ACVIM or FANZCVS permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Practitioners Board as a Veterinary Cardiologist
- experience in postgraduate and undergraduate teaching and providing clinical instructions
- experience managing, mentoring and supervising staff and students and providing leadership in teaching
- willingness to contribute to after-hours services where necessary including an on-call roster.
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS) is an internationally renowned provider of education and research and has staff and students based on Main Campus at Camperdown and the University's Camden campus. A key contributor to world best practice in the care and welfare of animals for more than 100 years, our ongoing success is a result of the contribution of our innovative team of academic and professional staff members.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm, 14 February 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.