Want to help save lives every day?
Tasmania's first and only dedicated After Hours Veterinary Emergency Centre is looking for an experienced Veterinarian.
- Competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience)
- Permanent Part-Time or Permanent Full-Time
- Usual hours of work: 32-38 Hours (flexibility available)
- Usual work location: 37 Derwent Park Road, Moonah
- Waged (non-salaried) position
AHVEC occupies a new purpose-built hospital and offers an excellent standard of care. We are equipped with digital radiology, ultrasound, endoscopy, full IDEXX laboratory and ABL90 blood gas machine. Our dedicated intensive care unit has a ventilator that gets lots of use in summer with snake envenomations.
You will be working with a team of experienced veterinarians and nurses who will support you every step of the way. Several of our vets have MANZCVS in Emergency & Critical Care, Medicine of Cats and Small Animal Medicine. The nursing staff are talented and helpful.
Great patient care is delivered through teamwork and having a supportive work environment, therefore we employ based on skills, team fit and eagerness to improve, rather than experience alone (although that is also welcome). This has resulted in a very stable veterinary team with low turnover.
We are looking for:
- A demonstrated capacity to make confident well considered decisions and dedicated to providing positive outcomes.
- An experienced and committed vet with a proactive attitude
- Driven to providing exceptional animal care services and building long term client relationships
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to lead a team and clinic
Benefits and perks
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Busy and varied caseload
- Custom built, modern and well-equipped hospital
- Friendly, experienced team
- Support and encouragement with your continuing education
- Very supportive environment
As an after-hours veterinary practice the rostered hours will be a mix of shifts that span:
- Public Holidays
For further information or to apply please contact Deborah Holmes firstname.lastname@example.org