Associate Professor in Equine Sports Medicine
- Full time Continuing employment, located on the Camden Campus at the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Camden
- Opportunity to be part of building a preeminent Equine Sports and Medicine Centre of Excellence
- Base Salary Level D $163K - $180K p.a. + 17% superannuation + generous loading for registered specialist
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint an Associate Professor in Equine Sports Medicine, with the primary focus as a clinical academic. This position will provide excellent clinical teaching in Equine Sports Medicine into the DVM program in the Sydney School of Veterinary Science and be involved in postgraduate training and in higher degrees by research. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to the Camden Equine Centre (CEC) within the University Teaching Hospital to contribute to the student experience in ambulatory practice, the hospital setting and the development of the Centre of Excellence for equine sports medicine. The Vision of the Centre is to be a world leader in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of horses with sports related injuries and illnesses through innovative research in the field while training the veterinarians of the future. The appointee will advance knowledge in aspects of Equine Sports Medicine through an active research program, supervision of HDR students, active involvement in the School’s clinical and fundamental research program and other scholarly activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to all aspects of teaching in Equine Sports Medicine including planning, design, delivery, and evaluation of student learning
- leading the clinical teaching in the equine unit ensuring provision of appropriate assessment tasks, skills acquisition, and feedback on learning to students
- provide a shared leadership approach to sustainability of the clinical and teaching operation with a particular focus on adequate caseload and resources
- supervise and mentor more junior veterinary staff including postgraduate students
- lead and contribute research programmes in equine sport medicine and support other research in the School
- support the other areas of equine practice UVTHC, including assisting with on call.
The position reports to the Associate Head, Veterinary Clinical Sciences, for academic matters and the Veterinary Director UVTHC for clinical standards and biosecurity issues covered under the Veterinary Practice Act NSW. Support for operational matters, including human resources, rostering, and administration, is undertaken by the Commercial and Clinical Services Director and the Hospital Manager, Camden.
The appointee will contribute to clinical activities in the sphere of Equine Sports Medicine within the University Veterinary teaching Hospital, Camden, and provide shared leadership within the School in Equine Sports Medicine and related disciplines. The role will work with key stakeholders and contribute to the strategic directions of Equine Sports Medicine under the leadership of the Associate Head Veterinary Clinical Sciences.
To learn more about the Sydney School of Veterinary Science click here.