Associate Emergency Veterinarian
Tasmania's only dedicated After Hours Veterinary Emergency Centre is looking for an experienced Emergency Veterinarian.
However, Veterinarians with 12 months general practice experience are welcome to apply. An exceptional new graduate with an interest in ECC may also be considered.
- Competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience)
- Permanent Part-Time or Permanent Full-Time
- Usual hours of work: 32-38 hours per week (flexibility available)
- Waged (non-salaried) position. Overtime is paid
AHVEC occupies a new purpose-built hospital and offers an excellent standard of care. We have an extensive list of equipment which you would expect to see in a modern emergency hospital including a ventilator that gets lots of use in summer with snake envenomation. We manage referral patients from across the greater Hobart area, as well as primary accession cases.
Our team of experienced and talented veterinarians and nurses will be there to offer their support and backup every step of the way. One of our senior Veterinarians has worked in several specialist facilities around Australia and has memberships in ECC. Another of our Veterinarians is currently preparing for ECC membership exams in 2020.
We are looking for:
- A demonstrated capacity to make confident, well considered decisions
- Dedicated to providing positive outcomes
- A proactive attitude, committed to best practice
- Compassion for patients, clients and team members
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Commitment to ongoing continuing education
- You will have generous employment conditions and allowances under the Vet award including superannuation, 5 weeks annual leave and access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Interesting and varied caseload
- You will get to work in a custom built, modern and well-equipped hospital
- You will get to work with our friendly, experienced and supportive team
- You will be supported and encouraged with your continuing education and provided with a generous financial allowance to help pursue this
In your down time you will have access to all that Tasmania has to offer:-
- The Iconic Kunyani / Mt Wellington
- The beautiful Hobart Waterfront
- Mona and all its festivals
- Cradle Mountain
- Walking and bike riding tracks galore
- Hobarts foodie scene
- Salamanca and other farmers markets
- Bay of Fires and Wine Glass Bay
- We could go on and on and on…….
As an after-hours Emergency Veterinary Practice the rostered hours will be a mix of shifts that span:
- Public Holidays
…………. With lots of time off to explore
For further information or to lodge an application please email email@example.com