Advanced GP and Emergency Veterinarian
Are you someone who:
- loves to take on challenging cases and situations
- thrives on learning, and the power of ideas
- wants to extend your skills and experience
- loves to see those around you excel and grow
- believes work is better with focused, and engaged people around us
- believes that better things happen in focused and energetic groups (teams)
We are looking for veterinarians to fill a new role of Advanced GP and Emergency Veterinarian within the JCUVet Hospital.
This is a new and novel role aimed at providing a continually improving level of care for our patients, and to provide practitioners with an opportunity to be part of a learning culture where they can grow and build their skills.
JCUVet is the Clinical Small Animal Teaching Hospital for James Cook University SCHOOL of Veterinary Science. We are focused on providing excellence in clinical training for veterinary students. We do this through involving and inspiring students in a full service Small Animal General Practice and Small Animal Referral Hospital, including internal medicine, surgery, anesthesia, emergency and critical care. We see clients and patients from across Queensland focusing particularly on Central and Northern Queensland.
If you are:
- a motivated General Practitioner, who feels they want more from their work
- An ECC veterinarian who doesn’t wish to work only nights and weekends
- An intern looking for the next step in your career
we think you could thrive in this position.
We envisage the position to have a comfortable mix of general practice day work, evening and night work, with supported involvement in both routine and more complex and critical cases.
We would prefer you have at least 2 years General Practice and be attracted by the opportunity to fast track your skills under the guidance of experienced clinicians and specialists in a positive and progressive environment. Emergency or Critical Care experience would be advantageous.
If this sounds like you, we would like to offer …
- An opportunity to grow and learn while contributing to the next generation of veterinarians
- A high level of support and ongoing education
- A manageable caseload with interesting, challenging and diverse cases
- A culture focused on both individual growth AND strong team support
- Access to advanced medical equipment and facilities
- Ability to gain advanced knowledge in a learning environment
- An extraordinary part of Australia to explore outside of work
- A generous and competitive salary with additional overnight remuneration
- Relocation assistance
- Support for further professional development
- Generous CPD allowance, CE leave and many other benefits
When you feel you are ready for the next challenge in your career, consider JCUVet.
If you feel this position is what you have been looking for, contact:
Dr Jason Mouatt BVSc FANZCVS
Specialist Small Animal Surgeon