12 Month Small Animal Surgical Internship
Looking to make a difference in a business that prioritises gold standard patient care, be able to advance your skills and knowledge, and have professional, supportive management that recognises the need for work life balance?
We want you to be a part of our team!
Assisting our team of three specialist surgeons, registrar, resident and intern, in day-to-day referral surgical cases and learning through structured training sessions will be your key focus. Delivering excellence in veterinary and patient care to our patients and referring veterinarians at every interaction is our unwavering target.
Based on the idyllic Sunshine Coast, our modern facilities provide an outstanding environment within which to do your best work. You’ll enjoy the aesthetic of a recent custom fitout and with onsite parking, cafes, gyms and shops surrounding, our location is not only incredibly accessible but also very convenient.
You will have many opportunities to scrub in and learn about fracture repairs, TPLOs, skin flaps, spinal surgery, hip replacements, minimally invasive surgeries and many more advance surgical procedures every single day.
You’ll be a highly motivated veterinarian that is keen to sit ANZCVS membership examinations and will actively participate in journal clubs, textbook chapter readings, daily case discussions and literature reviews.
- A veterinarian with either general practice and/or internship experience is preferred though not necessary.
- You will hold a current registration with the Queensland Veterinary Surgeons Board.
- Be keen to develop knowledge and skill in surgery
- Have a strong work ethic and be committed to keeping a positive team culture
- Able to take ownership, accountability, and responsibility.
- Be adaptable and can work independently and within a team.
- Proactive and motivated.
- Can communicate exceptionally well with any team member, client or referring vet.
- Are organised and manage your priorities and time to be highly effective.
What NCVS Offers You
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- CPD Leave and Allowance
- Training and Career progression
- Access to a network of highly skilled specialists in surgery and medicine
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Professional, Supportive and inclusive management
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work-life balance on the beautiful Sunshine Coast
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is for an immediate start.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!